Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
any ring light recommendations?
  • subject says it all. thanks guys

I hope I can soon give a review of the Scorpion lights...

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • I've never used it but the F&V R-300 ring light seems to get some good reviews both on and off lens.

• exactly that one made my list so I propably get it...thanks.

• I have the F&V lights they are small compact and work out great. Highly recommended.

• F&V for sure. Not sure if anyone else matches their light quality at their price.

• I have the F&V 300 and I like the light it produces. One thing I don't like is that there's no obvious way to adjust the angle, so it's always at 90% to the floor. The only way I have of changing this that I know is using a few adapters together that add to the weight and trouble. The actual adaptor that is provided with the light is is bulky and unnecessarily so (unless you use it on a camera instead of a lightstand, which I don't), and yet it uses nonstandard threads so you'll have to DIY it if you want to change that out.