Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Directors veiwfinder for 2.66.1 aspect
  • Hi everyone,

I been lurking, but not participating for some time due to work commitments, so hello again, my question is regarding directors viewfinders, I have a old isco model, which will do all the usual video/film formats up to 2:35:1 anamorphic, and when the finder is set to 2:35, it looks pretty long and slim as you would expect, but I have a project on the boil at the moment which will be shot with a Bolex Moller 1.5x anamorphic lens mounted on a 50mm pancake Nikkor, which when un-squeezed gives me a 2:66:1 aspect, and on the timeline looks pretty good in as much as the subject matter looks the right proportions, so my question is can you get a directors viewfinder in 2:66:1 format? I can see that Kish produced what they called a standard model that would allow for 2:35:1 and 2:55:1 which seems odd as 2:55:1 by all accounts was discontinued very quickly, I could just view locations and just guestimate the extra field of view, but it would be nice to get fairly close to what the lens would be seeing, I have always thought the Directors viewfinder a bit of a posers item, but so far not having to carry my FS100 around in some fairly rough agricultural areas has been very handy for scopeing out locations, and the isco does a good job, but if it went to to 2:55:1 it would be better, although I can find any images showing the actual difference between 2:35:1 and 2:55:1. all help greatly appreciated

ps, if you think I might get a better reply rate by putting this posting in another section, let me know