Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Fail - battery turning off or freezing
  • Hi-

I've hacked my GH2 a few times and like the results. HOWEVER, I keep having a problem. Sometimes the camera will just stop recording (it'll make the BEEP noise like I've actually hit the record button) or the camera will freeze and I have to take the battery out to shut if off (the on/off won't even work). This has happened on a few hacks (most recently Flow Motion v2.02). Any help to prevent this would be GREATLY appreciated.

I searched for fail, freeze and a few other items, so if this has been covered my apologies and please point me in the right direction!

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • @shg

What type of card are you using? Try out Cake V2.3 or the attached modified Moon T-4 setting. If you have a fast card these settings will not crash and also allow for reliable spanning. If you are using a slow card don't bother because it WILL fail on you. I have the 95Mb/s card and the 45Mb/s card and sometimes the 45Mb/s cards will fail using the higher bitrate patches like Moon T-7 @ 24p-H. Cake V2.3 is more efficient in terms of bitrate so if you have a slower card you might want to try Cake V2.3.

sete.ini
  • That's very helpful- thank you. I'll try faster cards and also the hacks you recommend.