Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
What's the oldest digital camera you have ready for shooting?
  • 26 Replies sorted by
  • Video: "Canon ZR25 MC" SD travel handy cam. DV w/firewire out. I bought it when I moved overseas to PAL land in 2001. I digitized all important projects onto it's NTSC DV tapes to take with me. It has sat for a long time and I got it out last month for a client requesting SD 4:3 video. I revitalized the battery, but it wasn't the right tool for the job. Still works perfectly. The original battery lasts about 70 minutes in standby.

Stills: Nikon D200. I waited on the digital camera front, I wasn't satisfied by the shutter lag on the pocket point & shoots at the time, and the DSLRs were too expensive. I got the D200 (used) ca. 2007 and it feels like a real camera. I have a KatzEye split field ground glass in it for manual focusing all my MF Nikkor AIS glass. The D200 was the 1st affordable camera from Nikon that utilized the AI glass' aperture ring to communicate with the body, what the F-stop manually set on the lens is. It also has a MF focus confirmation dot, for those without the special ground glass. I am using it on 2 still shoots later this month. While the sensor isn't the best in low light period, I added a SB-700 flash last year and that has given it new legs.