Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sound mixing board for use with Premiere Pro CS5?
  • I'm working on several projects where I could get a LOT of mileage of having a hardware sound mixer (sliders, etc.) by my keyboard while I'm editing. Are there any sound mixers that are small, cheap, and interface with Adobe Premiere Pro CS5?

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Once in a blue moon I bring out the surface controller (I'm guessing that's what you want)--but never with Premiere. Cheapest is Behringer, and it has Mackie emulation. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1286249

• @DrDave Thanks. Am I correct in guessing that this device can plug into a USB port, and handle the sound faders in Premiere pro?

• Typically, that is exactly the way it works, in the old days they had a midi interface but now usually USB. You can also train the controller for panning as well as fades, and other options like for punch-ins.

• @DrDave Sounds good. I guess I'll be pricing out cheap mixers for a while. Thanks for the word.

• UPDATE: I purchased a Behringer X-Touch mixer for use with Premiere Pro. I had a little trouble setting it up at first, but here are the Control Surface settings to use in Premiere Pro:

1: Add device "Mackie." As follows: Device Type: Mackie Control MIDI Input: X-touch MIDI Output: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth 2. Settings: Mackie Control. Edit this as follows: Device Type: Mackie MIDI Input and Output: both X-Touch

I do NOT know why this worked, but it's what worked for me. I also reprogrammed some of the control buttons.

(By the way, the device can be of great help in editing multicam: you can assign "Cut to Camera #" commands to the function keys on the board. If we could do this to the buttons on the sliders, it'd be great.)