Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Looking for a hack for GH1, 35-40Mbps every time, FHD 25p, HD 50p
  • Is there a hack like this? I need at least 30Mbps at every situation, no card erros. I used GOP 3 patches-> PAL mode sucks, Max latitude patches-> too low bitrates, no HD slow motion.

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • Lpowell's reliable in-camera playback

• I tried using his Max latitude patches but they didn't give enough bitrate. I think the one you suggested is even worse.

• mine runs around 35 most of the time . I had to go to sandisk extreme. Normal class 10 cards weren't fast enough. I couldn't be more pleased and am thinking about buying another gh1 body to go with my incoming g6 , since my present gh1 is a bit hobbled after loosing my straplug. And I'd put reliable playback on another w/o a 2nd thought.

• What about indoors? Do you still get 35Mbps? Because i get like 15-20Mbps with the Max Latitude which has higher bitrates. Even on wide shots.

• You will not get high bitrates unless there is lots of detail and movement in the scene. I reckon the best test subject is the leaves of a tree blowing in the wind. Try it and see what bitrates you get then.

• Solved, i'm using a not yet released hack, 50Mbps even when recording a white wall.

• Hi HollyBoni!

• @HollyBoni, I and i'm sure others with GH1 will be very interested in this Hack once it's ready to be released. Please keep us posted on developments.

• Yaaay, Al-Dolega! Hi!

This is the hack i'm talking about, ask humpan: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/8601/panasonic-gh1-firmware-research-testing#Item_14

The hack is NOT stable, he can't stabilize it. Locked up tripod shots don't work, otherwise it's very very good, GH2 quality. :)

• @HollyBoni by the way, can you compare it with gh2?

• Nope, don't have a GH2. :(