Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
WTB: Need basic rig for shoot this weekend - anybody selling theirs?
  • Have a shoot this weekend and need to buy a basic rig. I'm in MD, so need someone in MD, VA, or DC who can sell to me this week. I'm thinking something like this:

rig.png
    1001 x 588 - 139K
  • 11 Replies sorted by
  • Anyone willing to sell their rig?

• Why don't you grab one from amazon prime, overnight it and send it back if you don't want it when you're done??

• @vicharris Great minds think alike. Just did amazon prime 3 hours ago, and it'll be here tomorrow. We shoot Saturday so I'm good. Thanks. Totally off topic - how do you like images coming off your Blackmagic cams?

• I second the Prime move, good choice. I bought both Polaroid rigs way back, the plastic one and the Zacuto shooter knock off. Both were decent for the money, I even got some compliments on the Shooter at a charity event I shot, from a couple of Pro's, one who was using a Nikon D800. He was especially stunned it cost only $60, and it's a little cheaper now. There's a bunch of rigs now at the $100 level.

What rig did you order, and can you give us a review of it once you've used it?

• Budget tight so took a chance on that crazy looking rig from flashpoint. Only need for one day so I'm sure it'll hold up for that long, plus we just needed some handheld stability for our B cam. I'll let you know how it works after trying.

• @vicharris so you're suggesting "hiring" it but not paying for the hire? Somehow that kinda sounds a bit unethical....

• I'm in MD and can rent you a shoulder rig/ff for the day. cheap. message me.

It's a kamerar.

• @johnnymossville Managed to get one, but thanks for the offer.

• @matt_gh2 But you acquired it "unethical" so beware of that weight on your conscious ;)

• @matt_gh2 good luck with the shoot!

• Thanks all. For basic stabilization that crazy flashpoint rig seems like it'll work after a quick 5 min test. Will report back how it holds up for Sat and Sun shoot.