Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
FILMS, playful ratings
  • I'd like to launch a proposal, rate films, contemporary or prehistoric :P, with 3 simple limitations:

1. 1 to 10 cyclops
    2. a maximum of 2 and half lines - equivalent of 2 lines in post box - argumentation / poetry / rant / analysis
    3. for bring up new film you must have rated one before, put a visual reference ;-)

Okay I'll break the ice.

GRAVITY by A. Cuarón

maxr rate - 5 cyclops

top sound design, CGI and grade ruined by score, big money 3d prod with utterly dull dialogs from debris hero monkey-clooney and mixed-up sandra big thighs, as attractive as ugly, are 2 busy surviving nonstop. ZERO space for ponder!! seen 10K$ flicks with better script, nice first 10', total ludicrous fetal fail

If master blaster @Vitaliy_Kiselev finds this thread of any nutrient to community, we could use for some kind of a poll :D

gashô

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • If it's going to be a nutrient to the community I'd propose reviews be written with a little more thought than youtube hater comments.

• @BurnetRhoades

So I just cant say "SAVING PRIVATE RYAN" makes me cry or "DRIVE" makes me want to do bad things? ;)

• Houston I have a bad feeling about this mission... it remembers me the summer of 1534 when my grandpa lost a finger inside of...

@BurnetRhoades my friend, it's just a kickstart 2 line kind of thing... if the ground is fertile and people the right one (which in my dic means sensitive, open and true) we can elaborate; a lot. You know those conversations that start with... hot day today ? well more or less :D

@vicharris jajaja Darth Hater: don't underestimate the power of the dark side... shit man, that sounded lame; hey corporal where are the batteries for my voice distorter I instructed you to buy?!!!

A good sunday for U all

• @vicharris That would actually be better than the example review. What you said didn't read like something my little third grade nephew would write :)

• @BurnetRhoades my friend, the fact that the 2 lines I wrote have a hyper-syntetic poetic spit kinda style, doesn't mean that I hadn't thought about it or cannot elaborate more. This thread was just an idea of playful rating, so we don't have to read 300 posts to know what someone thinks about something most of us are eager to forget as quickly as possible... why do you even bother, and I know for sure you're pretty intelligent folk, to follow such a strong reaction? I also want to thank you, I think that 3rd grade nephews and children in general are last step in human evolution, from then on is plain decay :P

I've seen nice things by Cuarón: Y tu mamá también, Children of Men. But I pretty much think this film has the "coloniser" or "fear doctrine" of someone who has completely sell out the capacity of truly reflecting on something - let's say we only have one fucking earth, so cherish it, cherish your life, make most of it!!! - while telling a story to the usual shallow action package with which hollywood floods the world, like the Philipines flood, but from a aesthetic, intellectual and emotional stand point.

That out of my system, as I said above, it is worth the 3d floating in space experience. The best of the film are ten first minutes. Top notch sound design, CGI and grade. ABOMINABLE sound score and script, dialogs... for fucking christ rusty nails it is not only that they are empty, it is that they go nowhere good, only clichés and more clichés and very thought out common places for easy emotion rising, ggrrrahhhg. Too much action, just a non-stop blender, instead of entrusting the viewer the task of drawing his/her own relations (maybe there are no money making viewers to trust anything with) everything seems action driven fear; a bit like the relation of US domestic politics and its own citizens. ZERO space left for spectator to reflect on anything. Sandra is in, but she's being an actress too long not to know how to act, ggsspishsh!! Clooney... jajaja, I just ignored him

Again like "Before Midnight" this film has really high scores in US databases, but here in Europe... meh, not so much. You liked it (rhetoric to no one particular), good for you, I am not you. I see things differently and I am not so crazy that I believe my opinion speaks for anyone other than me; but it's mine and I'm not ashamed of it's incoherences or share it with others =)

I like Kubrick, Tarkovsky even Duncan Jones better; then there are the films where I shut down my brain and I simply let images come through the pupils, burst into my neurones and go away again like I had never seen them. This would absolutely be of the 2nd kind... well maybe even third kind: the space colonisers

That and the total ludicrous fe(a)Tal fail shot... ja ja ja ahí si la cagaste Cuaroncito guey!!!

• Whatever.

I see the idea was a wild success so, do what you like. Good luck with making the new reductionist "thing". I hope you will refrain from "@" ing me further so I can go back to ignoring this thread like I'd been for weeks now.

cheers

• Whatever.
    I see the idea was a wild success so, do what you like. Good luck with making the new reductionist "thing". I hope you will refrain from "@" ing me further so I can go back to ignoring this thread like I'd been for weeks now.
    cheers

I don't get it, brother; you came here 3 times, a first one to say that I write like a hater - I would say more like a heater - and that reviews had to be written with a little more thought. Then a second one after vicharris humorous entry to call me childish. And then, when, as you proposed, I yielded an extended version of my personal view at Gravity, you basically just tell me to ignore you??? WTF???!!!

One more thing, for me success has not so much to do with achieving something but with trying really really hard

I'm totally ok with people not engaging, liking or following my ideas/propositions/spirit. I understand my behaviour and way of communicating can be annoying to some folks... under the spotlight everybody can see you, je je. I want to believe that there are corners in these forums to talk and develop parallel exchange (being zombie movies or poetry) within a respect and playful way. I learn with exchange... actually I'ld even say, exchange = learning

Ok, today is friday, let's have some fun, shall we? =)

• Well I think your review was right on the money @maxr. Though in truth I haven't seen Gravity and don't intend to, but I just know that's exactly what I'd be in for. And I really can't stand Sandra Bullock and don't care why or feel the need to justify it.

BurntRoads is being a shit, but fortunately he's gone back to ignoring this post so he won't know what I think of his being a pissy hater.