Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Bitdefender stops Ptool and errors when writing fast SANDISK card
  • Two issues:

1. When using PTOOL my virus scanner BITDEFENDER kicks in and stops the process, finding it a potential danger.
    2. When managing to install a hacked firmware on the GH2 equipped with a Sandisk Extreme Pro 32 GB 95 MB/s, even with a low speed hack of 44 Mbs, I get error messages on the camera that the writing speed is too high for the memory card. Don't know what's wrong. Can someone help? Thanks.
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • 1.When using PTOOL my virus scanner BITDEFENDER kicks in and stops the process, finding it a potential danger

And? Do you want us to discuss idiots who wrote your antivirus software?

Otherwise, start with something from http://www.personal-view.com/talks/categories/hack-top-settings

• While not related to PTool, whenever you need to try an application, you may try virtualisation technics. You may use Sandboxie to run the application sandboxed or even use Virtual Box or something similar to create a virtual OS.

Overkill? Yes, could be, depending on what you need.

• Very pleased with the latest Sanity parameters. They solved my problems of spanning and the writing errors. Highly recommended. Thanks.