Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Recommendations for lens support
  • I bought a heavy lenses for the BMPCC (Schneider 18-90, almost 900grs) and I am looking for a reasonable lens support for a 15mm rod system. I was searching in topics but could not find neither a topic not a special deal. Thanks for sharing your experience.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • You can try Varavon lens support. As far as users goes I heard only positive feedback. We have it on deals from time to time.

• Thanks, I will keep an eye on the deals (as always)

has anybody experience with the Lanparte V2?

• Yes. The TS-02 is a nice tool (i have it in use since a few weeks). Especially the "strap" is nice because your lens isn´t sliding away any more. It´s definitely the best choice if the price is ok for you. Btw.: I recommend to add a little bit of foam or so on top -> So you´re not scratching your lens (then it´s nearly the perfect solution -> I used a door dampening / isolating sticky tape - it had the perfect diameter & measures AND it´s very easy to attach).

• @Tscheckoff thanks for your reply! Is it build solid enough for a heavy lens?

• The Varavon is damn good for heavy lenses with the GH2. Used it for a long time but it just sits in the case since I bought a BMCC. Hopefully it will come back into use with the pocket cam if I decide to keep it.

• Yes. It´s very well built and also solid / stable enough for heavy lenses. Very nice too: Only two knobs -> One for the (very nice) quick release mount and the 2nd one (on the other side) for the height of the stabilizing arm. Very easy and fast to use & mount (even without looking).

Btw.: It´s also helping A LOT stabilizing smaller bodies (DSLRs, system cameras and for sure also the BMPCC @ vicharris ^^). Because you get WAY less lens / body movement when using a follow focus. That´s also the point why I nearly always use it (as soon as the follow focus is on the rods). ^^

• Has anyone directly compared the two (Lanparte V2 vs. Varavon)? I need one ASAP and will probably just have to buy both and test. But I don't see a US distributor for Lanparte V2. Actually there is a US distributor they just don't have V2 listed. I'll have to call them tomorrow.