Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
How to get lower bitrate?
  • I am new to this hacking business and out of my depth in the technical arena. I use GH2 exclusively for video, After following instructions, installing the HackPack and then Driftwood, I clicked on setting J which apparently gives me SpamMyBitchUp v2b. I am using the high end Extreme card recommended in your literature. Shooting 1080p, file out of the camera gives me 105 bitrate. I need around 40-50.

QUESTION 1: How do I get a lower bitrate with the hack and patches?

QUESTION 2: Can I re-set the camera to standard firmware and can I set it so I can switch back and forth between the hack and standard?

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • The Flowmotion patch's (hack) bitrate hovers in the 40-50 range.

You can switch between hacks. You just need whatever patches (including the standard FW) you are using on their own SD cards - load the desired patch at any time you want to switch.

1. I looked at the Flomotion, it has a 100mbps and I need a lower bitrate, around 60. When I shot with the original firmware it gave me I believe 24mbps, then when I exported it to mpeg4 from my editing software I wound up with 12mbps. My goal is minimum 30mbps with the finished product, so I reason it will take 60mbps to wind up with 30mbps.
    2. When I load the card with the standard firmware on it, the camera doesn't see it.
  • You need to use the 24L mode to get the lower 40-50 bitrate. The size of your final export is dependent on your export settings, not the size of your original camera files.

In the PTool, is "Version increment" checked? I think that allows the camera to be blind to FW versions (normally the camera only allows FW updates to higher version numbers). Double check the faq's that Vitaliy mentioned above to make sure.

• Sanity 5.1 is good and spanned well with low bitrate.