Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
The deep blue UNESCO-protected fjord Geiranger in Norway. Anamorphic.
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • For anyone interested, but too lazy - pulled from Espen Kraft's description of the video:

Anamorphic shoot at one of the most beautiful, scenic and dramatic sites you will find in Norway: The deep blue UNESCO-protected fjord Geiranger. The fjord is surrounded by majestic, snow-covered mountain peaks, wild waterfalls and lush, green vegetation. Camera: Panasonic GH2, GH3 & Go Pro Hero3 Lenses: Helios 44M with Kowa for Bell & Howell 2x anamorphic on the GH2 and a Olympus digital 12mm 2.0 on the GH3 Other equipment: Slider, Crane, tripods, ND filters Had to intercut the anamorphic shots occasionally with the Olympus lens because of setup time. The Go Pro was used to capture the shots when driving the car. Used Protune on the Go Pro, Picture profile on both the GH2 and GH3 is standard with everything turned down except for saturation. Used a Driftwood Hack on the GH2. Framerate is 24p. Added some grain in Premiere Pro in addition to extensive color correction to match up the different cameras and lenses. Still not perfect but I think it’s mostly ok now. Some of the shots with the Olympus is done with ex.tele on the GH3 and have some noise I’ve removed with Neat to some extent. No noise on the anamorphic shots have been removed. Due to tremendous vibration on the boat it was impossible to use the anamorphic setup on the tripod and had to shoot it handheld. Had to use some warp stabilizing in premiere pro on those shots hence some “heatwave” artifacts from time to time. The same goes for the Go Pro shots done handheld out through the open window from the car while I was driving. Still a little wobbly, but the image of the MB 190SL HAD to go into this short imo. The aspect ratio of 3:55 is not to everyone’s liking, but I like it more and more. Music: Blackmill

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters