Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Youtube dictionary
  • From YouTube source:

100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute YouTube reaches more US adults ages 18-34 than any cable network

Lets say is half of what they say... with all this data, it is impossible for an average person to see every video they have at this point in any human being life. Now that we have all this massive information...how can we handle it. Tagging shure works but it is always what the uploaded decides to associate with. But in real life the amount of data inside the video is bigger that any tag. How can we manage this information from the audio, color, theme, format actor, location, lights, camera, etc... I find the "video encyclopedia" term a little bit static and maybe obsolete for such a dynamic data managing. Any ideas?

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • To be honest, I do not think metadata is the future of data management. It will be driven by user behavior and feedback. In the case of YouTube videos, I am sure the video hopping by users and auto suggestion algorithms will be more capable than anything that tag based systems can manage.

• Gesture recognition, place recognition, face recognition, activity recognition, etc would be done automatically.