Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2: lossless conversion with avi to mp4 (low bitrate) = Incredible quality..?
  • Hello everyone and worker alternative firmware gh2

I really try to find the best way to avoid losing the details of a video taken with a hacked gh2 moont5 24h I ustilise vegas pro, but converting to mp4 (AVC 1080 internet) at the same bitrateque mts original, I saw a loss of quality.

I realized that by completing rendering uncompressed avi with a higher bitrate to 1GB / s Then using the file recompress avi to mp4 (hd 1080p internet) with 15mb / s The video quality is much more like the original has

when I was finalizing directly mts to mp4 (1080 online) has 50mb / s and above a 15mb / s it will look like nothing in the original pixel square, much less retail etc ...

it says there may be a better method, I Demade you trying to tell me if it works for you too?

ps: avi rendering is very fast despite the 1GB / s on average much faster than the mp4

voici le resultat a 15mb/s qu en dites vous?image

vlcsnap-2013-07-01-04h03m49s58.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 386K
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • I use cineform

• sure has a good bit of noise

• Converting footage using lossy compression will always result in quality loss, even if the settings are the same as the source material. It's no different than reencoding MP3 files and JPEG images.

What version of Vegas are you using? Vegas 10 and up support GH2 MTS files natively, no need to transcode.

If you really need to use MP4 instead of MTS, then you may be able to rewrap the files using AWPro. While I haven't used it yet, AWPro uses FFMBC, which I have used for batch rewrapping of MTS files. AWPro may be able to rewrap MTS files without any conversion (and generational loss).