Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Frames stabilization. Need help.
  • Hi, i need to make some frames of horse riding. I will shoot it from moving car and i need to reduce shaking. I have 900$ to buy a stabilization device. What do you recomend for me? Do i need arm, or i can make it with steadicam in my hand? What can i buy for my budget? I am totally novice for work with steadicam, so will be happy with any recomendations. Thank you.
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • Hire a freelance steadycam operator with a steadycam. Only thing you could get is a Merlin, but there is no way you will learn how to balance it in a very short time.
  • @allenswrench How long i need to learn? I have near month to start shooting.
  • I am not sure a steadycam is what you need for what you described. You should get better in a month if you don't give up and practice every day- but it can be very frustrating. Also, use the widest angle lens you have - this helps a lot.
  • Buy the 14-140mm and just start practicing holding it as still as possible. Then shoot 720p 60 fps and slow it down to 40% in post. Slowing the video down does a lot for stability.
  • I'm sure @mpgxsvcd already knows this. Just to clarify for @allenswrench. Conform 60p footage to 24p. e.g. On Premiere Pro, you can interpret the 60p footage in 23.97 fps. Then there is no frame loss.

+1 on 14-140. Also a grip gear might do the wonder. http://www.berkeysystem.com/store/grip-gear/