Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
How do I know how many shots my GH2 took?
  • Last file name is "P1150900.jpg", so how many shots is it 50,900 or 150,900...it couldn't be 1,150,900 right?

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Enter service menu and there is total shutter count, I never checked on gh2 but on I remember on gf1 you hold something while powerup, and menu appears, google it :)

• On this topic there is an explanation how to see shutter count on GH2:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/5586/shutter-life-of-gh12/p1

• Oh, thanks for the link...according to the menu, this is the state of my GH2

I got the camera on April 17th, 2012.

So, in 418 days ... that's 37 pics a day, one film roll a day, for a year. What a joke. What a waste of shutter. There's 500 shots at most I find worthy sharing with others (on my Flickr) and maybe 20 shots I would show to people who ask me about my photography, so photos I'm really proud of, not ashamed of.

I need some pocket camera, TZ30 or something. Also, I thought about buying a 512MB SD card to try discipline myself from quantitive shooting to qualitative shooting. Because the way I see things happening in few years, we'll have 10 TB SD cards and people will be walking around just burst-shooting as they go along...

/rant :D

• I got it in June 2012, 7300 shots. But in last few months I shot probably around 2000 exposures for timelapses. And I have about 30 photos that I can show. :)