Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Samsung publically releases open-source code for nx cameras
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • I saw it. It is bunch of incorrect publications as I understand.

Samsung just released parts he must release due to GPL.

Sony makes it for long time.

• ...that's a shame. For a moment, I thought I detected a little sanity and wisdom from a camera manufacturer. It would be a wise move by someone like samsung to increase their marketshare. Maybe have a betatesting control group . Nothing like free researchers , as you more than most would understand. Panasonic sold a hundred thousand extra gh's because they were hacked. ...thanks, by the way !

• While the Samsung NX300 may not have been "as open as expected" in the sense that people thought after reading the article above, it is very open in a number of spooky ways - please go to http://op-co.de/blog/posts/hacking_the_nx300/ for a very interesting read on how simple you can run your own software on the NX300...

• Hi I am interested in this camera as it definitely has been opened up enough to allow changes to the bitrate and it has a 60p driver there. I am surprised people are not hacking it more? http://www.tizenexperts.com/2014/03/remove-video-recording-time-limit-size-file-nx300nx2000/

Interesting article about removing the video recording limit. Vitaliy your not interested in messing with the settings they have opened up? If anyone know how to learn about changing those settings i would appreciate it. Also camera has UHS microsd slot and you can get 40mb/s write card on ebay for £14 32gb... So it will allow decent bitrates :)

• @disease8

You link just talk about header file, and nothing about any real things.

No, I am not interested as I have only 24 hours each day. And Samsung cameras are not popular at all due to their quality and restrictions.