Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
High-speed robot camera movement
  • Imagine you could set up a camera to follow a glass as it falls to the ground, the liquid spilling out into the air. Well, now you can do it. A combination of a Phantom HD Gold high speed camera (up to 1,000 fps), and a robotic arm to move the camera gives amazing possibilities. Check it out.

http://www.themarmalade.com/spike

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Absolutely amazing footage (so good, it looks like CGI)! I was intrigued enough to look at the spec sheet, because I was wondering how much it cost. Well, it's not for sale, and there's only one of them! But if you can provide 380v at 16A and have a floor capable of supporting a 250kg arm and a 300kg base, you're good to go!

Seriously it's an amazing piecing together of robotics and photography and I can see where this might be useful. The thing that makes it so amazing I think is the precision of movement.