Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Movie shot on GH2 hacked
  • So, after shooting a few music videos I've decided to take a big step and shoot an entire feature film on a Gh2 hack (150mbit/s). I was very scared to do so since it was the only camera i had and couldn't afford a backup camera in case the camera dies. But I must say we had no problems with it. The footage was converted to Apple Pro Res 422 HQ on 5DtoRGB Batch. Edited on FCP 7 on my old Macbook Pro (2008 2.4 Ghz Intel core 2 duo 4gigs. I would not recommend using this computer..it's old and slow, but all i had). I'm pretty happy with the results. I can't wait to get my hands on the GH3. Hopefully movie makes money and I can buy 2 of them!! haha. Anyways, guys.. check it out and let me know what you think. Here's the teaser trailer.

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • First, congrats on making a movie with a GH2! Looks good - how are you going to distribute?

• What patch did you use? (Looks good. You've got a good eye for composition.)

• Zehr kewl!

• @hallvalla thanks for the comments! We are planning to do online distribution either through online streaming (like netflix) or/and itunes. Trying to figure out what is best.

@Brian_Siano it's just a generic patch my friend Gary Hanna from www.psynema.com gave me a few years back. No specific name or anything.

thanks @rockroadpix!!! I'm a big fan on these Gh2/Gh3 cameras! They capture great footage for a great price!

• Looks excellent, @madmax, did you add lot of grading in PP or not?

• thanks @tetakpatak! No i did not add a lot of grading.. only color corrected like 3 or 4 clips within the trailer.

• update: so apparently the hack i used was set in camera but really wasn't "active". Which basically means i've been using the stock settings this entire time.

• @madmax hey it still looks good. Nice job. What lenses did you use?

• thanks @videochadjones

I first used the ZE EF Zeiss lens for 35% of the film (20mm, 25mm, 35mm, 85mm, nikon 135mm, nikon 300mm)

Then we ran out of money so i used my own old school nikons... (nikon 24mm, 50mm, & 85mm)

behind the scenes pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/83815237@N08/with/8740581153/

• the alarm system is dismental  ja aja ja nice!

Tu si lo sabe tocayo: hot, powerful and emancipated chicks in tight black costumes kicking pimps' asses, locking good!!!
    Best of luck @madmax

• haha! Glad you like it @maxr :) i'm all about chicks with tight costumes and guns!!!