Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Graduation film shot with GH2 - Quantum 9 patch
  • Hi Guys,

I'm a german "digital media" graduate and would like to present to you our final project

"Replacement Music"

a 30min. no-budget short about a fictional reality in which music and music instruments are banned and illegal.

I was responsible for the cinematography and grading. The story, directing, editing etc. was done by two of my ex fellow students.

I was amazed about how well the hacked GH2 performed in various situations and am extremely thankful for being able to use such an amazing device!

I think it's time for me to applaud Vitaliy, Nick Driftwood and all the others who make this possible for all of us!

Awesome work!!

P.S.: I hope you can enjoy this, even if you don't speak german. Since this is not the final version, which is still a "work in progress" there are no subtitles yet, sry!

Oh and please don't share the vimeo link outside of this forum, since it's not the "official release" THX!

Cheers, David

PW: 571

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • PS: IMO some of the images look very cinematic while others are more videoish.

I believe this relates to the Panny 14-140 I used for some shots which looks too sharp, but also to something strange that happened to the footage during our quite confusing workflow:

1. proxys rendered using Adobe media encoder on a PC
    2. edited on FCP7 on mac
    3. finally grading using the original footage and the final cut xmls using AE on a PC again

Any ideas? THX!

• No replies so far... ?

• @Zakk Sorry, only just noticed this. Looks good. Did you get chance to overlay English subtitles yet? It would provide a better viewing experience for a lot of people here.

Interesting workflow. Indeed the 14-140 is one of Panys sharpest lenses and is prone to looking 'video-ish' but there's plenty of ways in the grade, softening, grain overlays etc... to take away some of that video-ish looking bite. Search through the threads here you will find a lot of people using a variety of techniques to enable this.

How did the graduation go?