Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Flowmotion hack Short Documentary "Alwine Road"
  • This Short Documentary is based on an interview in studio with Josh Cameron. He talks about the journey to make his upcoming album Alwine Road. The short was shot on a hacked GH2 with 14-42 kit lens. Alwine Road will available on iTunes in 2013.

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • Looks nice - music is fighting the dialogue IMHO though but nice one :)

• @soundgh2 funny because I got alot people saying it sounds great and then I got some people say its a little difficult to hear certain words. I had an editing session with the artist so he told me what he wanted, on the speakers it sounded fine maybe on laptops this isn't the case. Hey, everyone is entitled to theirs. Thanks for watching.

• Looks great but I agree with @soundgh2 It's when he's talking and then the words come in on the song. The sound quality is great it's just a bit weird when two people are talking so to speak. Maybe try it with the song down two notches or dip up and down during the time his VO starts and stops. But yeah, everyone has different taste. BTW, I'm listening to it on monitor headphones.

• NIce done! Just an idea.. as you are working with the artist maybe you could ask him to render out intruments and voice in separate tracks, so you could gently lower his voice when your speaker comes in without putting the music to much into the background. Just my 2 cents.

• @Meierhans That's a great idea! I'm going to steal that for future work that might involve this type of style :)

• @chriscalifano was listening on Barefoot MM27's lol but yes a bit of ducking might help nail the dialogue more. Still nice vid though :)

• Real nice. The music is fighting you (I assume you narrated) but you have an excellent voice and IMO....it worked.

I always record the background and narration on separate tracks but then again, I do not have an excellent speaking voice. Sort of... A Redneck being choked.

• @Meierhans good idea I will take that into account. @soundgh2 I will also tweak the sound a bit, I just have to ask the talent if he's up for it. If not I will prob leave it the way it is, it makes for a better controvesoal piece lol. My next project will be shot on Sendina AQ1 hack and will be heavy on sound detail where things like this will not happen. I will be in the graces of my own computer and without someone or a deadline peeking over my shoulder so guys stay tuned! @peternap it's the talent who's narrating the short and yes he has a good voice he's a musician he has too! :O