Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Real Time HDMI output?
  • Any possibility of real time video output through HDMI for field monitors?

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • Any possibility of real time video output through HDMI for field monitors?

What do you mean?

• Some cams can do it?

• Many cams can do it. Please explain what you really mean.

• I have used 'SmallHD' monitor with GH2 and it makes focusing and exposure adjustment very easy. It needs some tuning but these can then be set as a 'preset'. I'm still finding my way around both the GH2 and the monitor.

• @smokemonk This has been asked many times. The GH2 will only offer you 4:2:0 1080i output thru the HDMI out in 1080 modes. Yes its 'real time' so a device like a Ninja can record the signal whilst you are recording to a sd card or as a monitor to help focus etc... If you don't press record on camera when you hit record on a device like a Ninja it will record the cameras onscreen settings along with the picture. So hit record!

The GH3 is similar.

• with a capture card black magic Or Any Other Recommended Card- NTSC - Sound HDMI Or Audio Out put From GH2 Is There A Hack That Will Give Me A Clean HDMI With Sound In Scyn This For A Youtube Live Stream THX

• No problem in PAL, but you need external devices to mix sound in.

NTSC is completely messed up (wrong cadence) and hasn't been hacked until today. Maybe never.

Better get a cheap HDV camera, even with broken tape mechanics. The Canon HV20 has pretty decent HDMI output.

Oh, and please write a bit more legible.

• For our live streaming we use a cheap avermedia HDMI capture card, and we can live stream GH2 footage without much problem (1080i), it has severe interlacing artifacts as you'd expect, but the general image quality is pretty decent (much better than our lifecam studio's and Logitech C920's outside of the interlacing).

We do our audio mixing separately though, so I have no information regarding audio through GH2 HDMI.

• nomad [Better get a cheap HDV camera, even with broken tape mechanics. The Canon HV20 has pretty decent HDMI output. Oh, and please write a bit more legible.]

Canon VIXIA HV40 HD HDV Has A FIREWIRE Out That Would Do The Job For Half Price Of HV20. But That Not What I Ask,And I Not Looking For [broken tape mechanics] Oh, and please write a bit more Intelligently

• i tried my gh3 in my samsung LED tv and i managed to have 1080p output too (instead of 1080i). I changed the settings in gh3 menu output. Is this true 1080p ? I dont have a pro field monitor.