Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Students shot on 7D - Critiques welcome
  • Here is something I shot a while back on the 7D we have at work. Lens used was a sigma 18-50 4.5 I think.

Colors tweaked in After Effects. Music recorded by myself.

There are a number of things that I would do differently now but I'd still like to hear some criticism about it.

Thanks, Josh

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • Pretty good feel for a prospective student who would be watching this to check out the school. Good image quality. A few small points: the music volume might be too high and seems to overpower what the students are saying. The guy talking at 1:00 was competing with some background noise - would have been nice if that could have been reduced/eliminated somehow. Would be nice to also show some shots of the various buildings, quad areas, etc. or other interesting parts of campus, without the students in those shots (maybe some nice wide shots of campus). Possibly some med-wide shots of a students gathering/talking (maybe a gathering of 7 students talking in the quad). Also some shots of intramural athletics/activities would have been a good complement. Quality is very good overall. A few small additions will take this type of shoot to the next level. I'm sure the school was pleased with final product, because it does fulfill it's main task...that of showing the real feel of their school and how it's unique relative to other schools. Thanks for posting.