Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
For Hackers: Adding Horizontal Line to Custom Guide.
  • The trick to simulate a cinemascope, 2.35:1 in the GH2 requires to mark the external top and bottom of LCD with a 3M tape or mobile screen guard protection to frame the subject during recording in a way that matches the crop to be done in post to achieve the desired look.

It would be helpful if a patch would add an extra moveable line to the Custom Guide, which from factory, the GH2 brings only one. The addition of the line would help in marking internally the top of the LCD and with the second one the bottom. Hackers, would be this possible?

Here is the wished two lines and GH2 factory (single) Custom Guide.

Original Factory.png
    430 x 240 - 3K
    Guide Wish.png
    430 x 242 - 3K
  • 7 Replies sorted by
  • Yep, this is in the plans for long time.

As for now, you can just get SEETEC EVF or monitor, they have various marks.

• Vitaliy, thanks for your prompt response. Perhaps, it came be a wish for the GH3 too.

• In my short search, SEETEC EVF seems to make EVF only, and since the HDMI of the GH2 hasn't been fixed, (the impossibility of the delivering monitor output without interrupting spanning) the electronic view finder won't work.

• In my short search, SEETEC EVF seems to make EVF only,

God, just check our deals :-)

since the HDMI of the GH2 hasn't been fixed, (the impossibility of the delivering monitor output without interrupting spanning) the electronic view finder won't work.

What this means?

OK, I see topic made you you earlier, where people did not find same thing being true.

• Someone recording for short period of time (example, doing short takes for a music video) is not going to confront the HDMI-spanning issue. My venue is multicam live recording. If someone doesn't believe it, he/she can do a search in this forum and find Vitaliy's response to my first post on the subject: It hasn't been fixed. I have two monitors, which are useless at the moment because of this issue. Have a good day!

• @willianaleman

You response is just weird, as big number of people here record very long takes. And exept you I see absolutely no any other mentioning of issues.

And why I must search some of my responses.

• Vitaliy, my sincere apologies. I got confused with the subject and your original response. Below is a quote of the original issue to which you responded: "No. No solution is present."

On September 6, Willianaleman wrote: "Since July 2011, the date when this thread started to today, the GH2 HDMI out issue of changing Recording Mode is still unresolved. I tested today once again: PTool v3.64d, balazer's later patch. As soon as I connect the HDMI to any monitor or HDTV, the Recording Mode gets disable and it changes, records by default from 720p to 1080i.

Is there any updated solution to this issue? Thanks in advance."