Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Out of the game - update on current situation.
  • Hey people,

I've been away from Personal-View and other GH2 hack related sites - the last time I touched it was when I updated it to the new firmware Panasonic released to be able to shoot 25p.

The HBR 25p mode's footage doesn't seem as nice as some of the hacked stuff I've seen. What would you guys recommend the most to get beautiful footage with 25p? Hack and then apply a patch? Can I still do that with Panny's firmware?

Or is there anything new I've missed out? (Except for the imminent GH3 which this post isn't about).

Cheers guys

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • The flowmotion patch will increase Hbr IQ pretty good. But not as good as 24p mode. If you want full hd (1080p) than 24p is the way to go IMO. It's fairly easy to convert that into 25p. Most of the time I shoot 24p. Cut it, color grade and render a final 24p 1080. After that I convert it into 25p if I have to. Fast and easy.

If I do a concert or anything like a live event where the client wants a pal DVD, than its easier and faster to just go for the 25 HBR. You are not going to see difference on a DVD anyways.

• @fix Yeah it's definitely not for live event/gig stuff - so 24p is the way then.

So for 24p, I should go for the flowmotion patch? Can I still apply the hack even though I have the Panasonic firmware installed?

Thanks Fix

• @Donnie88 Yep, you can still apply the hack. There are more settings than ever now. Try them all.

• @peternap Ah brilliant, going to apply the hack now then.

Which patch would you recommend for cinematic narrative short film use?

• I've gone for the Driftwood 100mb v2 patch.

• Valkyrie C1.5b in my opinion is the best for HBR.