Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Trailer for my latest project, The ballad of Dick Johnson
  • Hi, all!

Here is the trailer for an upcoming short film that I am cinematographer and editor for. The actors mostly came up with the premise.

Shot on GH2, Kowa 16H anamorphic with RedStan clamps and Tokina AT-X MC closeup filter, Mir 1B 37mm f2.8, Canon nFD 28mm f2.8, LightCraft Fader ND MkII. Edited in Final Cut Pro 5, graded in Resolve 9 Lite (first time, still learning how to grade properly).

Any feedback, constructive or otherwise is more than welcome.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • B3guy, Are you going to include the famous "rock" Incident at Bathhurst?? It's almost as dated as your fonts. Only joking :-)

• different Dick Johnson, I guess :-)

he does take what you might call a bit of a "bath", though . . .

• It's rather under exposed and difficult to look at don't you think?

• yes it is. it didn't look that way in Resolve, and I'm still trying to figure out what happened. FCP is currently the prime suspect, as it always seems to have mystery gamma shifting whims.

• I think I fixed the brightness issues on this trailer, but the sharpness of the Vimeo version is still terrible. I think the grain effect is just confusing the encoder.