Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Family is Fantastic (Badass Digest bumper contest submission)
  • Just shot this bumper for Fantastic Fest yesterday. It's a bit rough around the edges due to the quickness in which it was shot. But hopefully it get's chosen to play in Austin next week!

http://frenzy2.badassdigest.com/family-is-fantastic/

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Nice shots, Rob.

1080 version please! Would like to see how it looks big ol'size.

Man, making me want Anamorphic so bad.

• Thanks, I clicked on "upgrade to 1080p" on there and its apparently converting...though its taking a long long time. So perhaps it's stuck.

It was a bit hard shooting in the small space of my apt with the anamorphic. And I certainly didn't nail the focus throw when I tilted up to the "future Dad". Next time I'll have a sound guy so I won't have the recorder strap around my neck to watch the meters for the boom pole, while I'm also tilting up and throwing focus.

Man, one man band is no fun....I forgot how spoiled I am when I have a good crew!

• But you turned out something nice looking. I'm about to two man band a feature, still trying to decide between GH2 + PL Anamorphics, GH2 + MFT, or Scarlet + Anamorphic.

What's the widest anamorphic you've got? Also, what grain filter are you using? It's weird how nice it looks, just different.

• This was shot with a 35mm squarefront, and 50/75 roundfront. I wish I had a 22mm squarefront for this, but the $12k plus cost that I saw the last one go for puts it SLIGHTLY out of my price range!

I also used the cinegrain 64D grain overlay in this as well.

Go for the Scarlet and anamorphic! The way heavier camera has to be better, right? I used one on a few shoots last month and I loved the image quality, but I really hate the touch screen menu system.