Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Strange dots, diagnosing help needed
  • Hello guys,

I have a problem with my GH2.

Made several photos, Tried different lenses, different subjects and even different SD cards (just to cancel out all the variables). In every photo though, these strange purple dots pop up in the right corner of the image. My conclusion: the problem must be with the sensor. Visually checked the sensor, could not see anything on the surface. Tried sensor cleaning out of the menu: did not help. After that I tried very carefully with a dust blower to blow any possible dust particles of the sensor: did not help either. Forgot to mention that I also cancelled out the possibility of dead pixels. On a photo with the lens cap on, nothing is seen...

So I guess, (sticky) dust? Or can anyone with more experience in this field give me an idea of what is causing this problem.

Thanks a lot in forward,

Ruben

444_GH2 pixelfehler gesamtesbild.png
    1602 x 1160 - 2M
    444_GH2 pixelfehler zoom.png
    732 x 415 - 283K
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • Sorry to say so, but from the shape I would say something scratched over the sensor.

• Goddammit... I fear you could be right judging the shape.. it makes sense.. I searched my memory for a moment where that could have happened. I do not get it, I'm always extreme cautious when changing lenses.

Anybody an idea if this could be a warranty case?

• I doubt the warranty will cover it.

You can try cleaning the sensor if you're comfortable with it, or have it cleaned. I doubt it will help but it's worth a try.

Sorry!

• Looks like damage by laser. My gh2 have 100% same after rave party

• If you look at sensor you can see undamaged cover glass, and something like scratch inside. Laser, 100%

• By the way. I have to mention here that Panasonic (Germany) changed the glass covering the sensor. So this story has a good end!