Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
"Varifocal" Lens modification for GoPro HD Hero 2 - any good?
  • http://nofilmschool.com/2012/07/get-more-out-of-your-gopro-with-a-varifocal-zoom-lens/

What do you think to this?

The lens costs roughly £100 and I already have the GoPro HDHero 2. I would like to try this but have no experience for skill with modifying electronics... so I would get someone to help me if I tried it...

I think before I buy my GH2H, It might be a good idea to make the most of my existing camera and modify it... Im not sure though as there aren't many videos of actual footage shot with this lens online that I can find.

Any thoughts?

thanks.

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • heres one example I found of the lens in action, it doesn't show anything of quality... but this is the sort of stuff in circulation online at the moment. I'm wondering whether this lens could be used to add uniqueness, interest and depth to the visual style of my GoPro videos...