Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SOLD: Kern Switar 25mm f/1.4 RX
  • Hello,

I am willing to trade my Kern Switar RX 25mm f/1.4 lens for something else. It is in fantastic condition and just got a full cleaning (regreased helicoid). You will receive the receipt for this cleaning if you want it.

If you want to see what kind of character this lens has, please see this short that I shot entirely with the lens:

Every scene was shot at f/1.4 or f/2.0 on a Panasonic GH2. No editing was done to the image.

Message me here (PM) if interested!

-Ivan

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • But we are looking at extended tele mode here, or does it cover the full sensor?

• @nomad I can actually vouch for this lens, it's very nice – does indeed cover full sensor (very slight / almost no vignetting), oddly you get sharp vignetting (not extreme, but clearly visible) from f2.8 upwards.

• @nomad - Like @RRRR said, it indeed does cover the sensor with very slight slight vignetting at the corners. I did not remove or crop out any vignetting in the above video - so, what you see is exactly what you get! The camera was not in extended tele mode.

• Willing to sell the lens outright for $275.00.

• Try not to talk with yourself and do not bump topics

• One question, though: isn't the RX version meant for use with a Bolex camera with a prism mirror only, with specific correction for that? The AR version is supposed to work straight to the film emulsion.

• @nomad - Yes, but both are still C-mount. As you can see in the video above - the one I am selling works fine with regular C-mount adapter. When I got the lens CLA'ed, the focus was also calibrated on a GH2.

• Lowered price to $250 if you want it. Will add an additional small kern leather lens holder and bolex filter holder with hood. Willing to trade for things of similar value (I can add cash if of greater value).