Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Landscape lenses
  • I'm curious which lens would be the sharpest for GH2? I'm looking something similiar than lumix 14mm lens? I will shoot landscape from a distance.

Any suggestions?

• 12 Replies sorted by
  • Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 Nikon mounted. Need adapter like novoflex to control aperture. Amazing lens tho. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?sku=554036&Q=&O=&is=REG&A=details

If looking for direct mount I hear the 7-14mm 4.0 panasonic lumix lens is very nice as well. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/630570-REG/Panasonic_H_F007014_Lumix_G_Vario_7_14mm.html

NEVER used thelumix, but hear nice things. more expensive.

• @miza

http://naturography.com/lenses-for-landscape-photography/

I fully agree with author.

I will shoot landscape from a distance.

What this means exactly?

I think that most stupid things anyone can do is to go shooting landscape photos with one wide andle lens.

I still think that best landscape lenses, if you want be light, are zooms :-) Sometimes even ultrazooms (I, know, I know, made for amateurs, etc :-) ).

• To make my statement clear, I fly my GH2 on a RC multirotor :) I am quite satisfied with the 14-42 kit lens. But I'm looking if there is something better on the market.

• I'd use 14-140. Sometimes tele photo focal length is needed.

• Because of the size and weight I would prefer prime lens. I think I will go with the lumix 14mm. The only thing that bothers me that the edges are not so sharp on that lens.

• Because of the size and weight I would prefer prime lens

Try to check and ask other landscape photographers. As I told you, single lens for landscape is not good idea. Despite many people on forums telling you how you need 28mm equivalent lens for this.

The only thing that bothers me that the edges are not so sharp on that lens.

If this is bothering you, just get this lens :-)

• I'm personally set going with the 7-14mm but i wish a new version would come with threads. If you were to buy one lens, i would get the 14-140. If you are set with primes, then go with the 14mm (1.94oz). Great price/incredibly light. For video, the difference in sharpness between say the 14 and 14-140 is going to be minimal. For photos, i can't vouch. 14-140 is an incredible value. One of the sharpest of all primes is the Panny/Leica 25mm. Most Landscapers look at the Nikon 14-24 as 'the lens'. But more for stills.

There is a great deal now on the Oly 9-18 (BH-$499). That is a tempting price.

• Well, if you have the cash, then the new panny X zoom 12-35 seems to be the benchmark wide angle, optically speaking at least.

Coupled with a small servo to control focal length it should be a very powerful multirotor combo.

• I've checked tests on lenstip.com and Leica 25mm really looks very sharp. The only problem is that lens has quite narrow view on GH2 sensor. Lumix 20mm looks little more sharper than 14mm on this test. The low weight is quite important in my case.

• Of you have kit zoom, use it to understand that you want exactly. Use software that'll give you statistic for focal lengths used.

After this go and get prime lenses if you so want them.