Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Do you have to re apply your GH2 patch after formatting SD card everytime?
  • It seems kind of obvious that you would have to re-up the patch after formatting the SD card everytime as you are erasing all the patch files off the card along with everything else. If you don't have too do so please direct me on how to. Also, whenever I go to view my footage/pictures in camera it always prompts me to install the 1.1 patch, but I always decline thinking it will write over my patch. I am using The flow motion patch with no problems so far and am wondering if this is normal. Thanks!

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • No, dude. The patch, once applied, becomes the firmware for the cam. You are actually applying the patch? "version up??" When you hit yes, it loads the patch off the card and writes it to internal memory, just like when you update the firmware on your Bluray player or cable box. After that the patch on the card is meaningless.

Which is why the last step in the process after you update the firmware is "FORMAT THE SD CARD" so what you are describing doesn't happen.

• Makes total sense, duh! So when I go to view my pics and it asks for "version up" again after installing the patch already it is just asking to install the patch again because I pressed the green play button, right? I just got my gh2 and applied the hack 2 days ago and am just trying to get comfortable with it. Thanks!

• You shouldn't have to patch it again. The best thing to do once you installed the patch is to format your card before use. This way it will remove the bin file and will not flag the cam to do update.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions