Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
'Persona' - Trailer for a series of micro narratives shot on GH2
  • Hi There,

Owing to wonderful support that exists on here I thought I'd put up a trailer for some work I shot on the GH2 (Sedna I believe) on HBR.

The series is a Teen Soap, sort of like Hollyoaks, designed to shown in small parts on Intelligent Telephonic Doodahs.

Anyway, hope you like it.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • Pretty cool. What's the behind-the-scenes story of this production? Where is it going to be broadcast? And what was the budget? and who financed it?

• Cheers. Well there isn't much of a story! I think it starts next week, you download the app to your phone and then there is a new episode every day. It's split up into seasons and I believe this one (Jack's Persona) is season 6.

The budget was nothing (quite literally) and I shot it all with minimal gear. I was just DP on the project and then all the footage went to a post-prod house in London who worked with the Director. It's Glasgow for those who don't recognise the location.

• @rrsduncan Looking really good. Sounds like you've got some brilliant ideas and I wish you the best of luck with everything. Go for it.

• The name of the app?

• High praise indeed @driftwood thanks!

It's just called 'Persona', here is a link to the site http://whatsyourpersona.co.uk/ there are links there for the App Store and Google Play.

Thanks for the interest.

• Very nice. What mode? Do you have used filter? What lens do you have used on the shot 0:23 and 0:'53?

Thanks and good luck!

• @Manu4Vendetta It was Sedna on HBR, on Nostalgic and Smooth. In terms of filter there was only an ND and a Polariser. Mostly used one or the other but at times at the same time. As anyone in Scotland will know, any outdoor shooting is guaranteed to be an interesting... mix, of weathers.

In terms of lenses you may notice that the whole thing is a bit referential with the GH2 camera strap but also with all the cameras and lenses. All the still cameras in the shoot are mine from my stills work but the lenses which I used to shoot it are also used as props!

The lens collection was a Tamron SP 17mm f3.5 in OM mount, A Zuiko 28 f2.8, Zuiko 50mm f1.8 and Zuiko 135mm f.3.5. Really my Tamron is the only lens you would categorise as 'expensive'. I only shoot medium format now so I sold off most of my 35mm stuff but kept the Zuiko's as they are excellent. The other 35mm in the shoot is a Canon AE1 with respective 28 and 50mm lenses. I use the FD's for warmer renditions. The OM's give a nice cool colour rendition.

I'm happy to go into excruciating geek detail if anyone is that bored!