Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Manfrotto MH055M8 Fluid Video/Photo Head
  • Still using my old Bogen/Manfrotto 3130 Head and as I have a rig on the way, I am realizing I am going to need some counter balance. Love my 3130 - smooth and portable, though been looking at the 502HD and the MH055. I like that the MH055 can handle up to 15 pounds (7kg), has 3-axis adjustment (for stills) and weighs just over a kilo (same as my 3130). The 502 only supports up to 8.8 pounds (roughly 4kg) and weighs a bit more. Granted the MH055 costs about $60 more, is there any reason the 502HD would be better? One feature I am not thrilled about on the MH055 is that you need to use a coin to adjust the pan handle angle - could probably swap it to a thumb screw, though. Looking at this video (specifically at 4:36), the counter balance setup looks pretty easy (and effective):

Anyone using this hybrid head?