Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Canon FD 50mm 1.4 - how to convert into macro?
  • Just recently I started collecting equipment, skill and knowledge about my newly purchased GH2. Im very new to pic/video world and would highly appreciate any help, recommendations, and advice. I dont have the terms and definitions covered so please correct me in anything that im doing wrong. Yesterday I bought a Canon FD 50mm 1.4 lens ( the crop factor made it even more confusing but im not going to go into it since this thread is about the lens and macro) and i was wondering if there is a way (Ive came across tubes) to make this a macro lens. Ive read a bunch of posts and threads all over the web and it im still not certain about how to approach my next purchase so i thought ill turn to the professionals for help.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • You could turn it the other way around (front of the lens gets mounted and you shoot with the rear).

• First, you must understand why you need macro.

Next, best way is to purchase dedicated macro lens if macro is really your constant requirement.

If not, I suggest to use additional macro lenses from reputable manufacturer.

• reverse lens adapter or some tubes.

But i recommend saving your dollars and buying a dedicated macro lens, tamron or tokina maybe

• A reverse lens adapter ring will be the least expensive way for you to get started with macro photography. Search eBay. You mount the Canon lens backwards in front of your Lumix lens.