Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Hacked playback on Android Tablets?
  • Has anyone got any experience playing back hacked footage on a Tegra 3 android tablet (e.g. Asus Transformer Pad)? I'll probably be using FlowMotion or Sanity but any reference would be appreciated.

I'm planning on doing a little travelling and I could do with a portable device that can let me review footage and archive it to an external HD.

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • I can't get an app that will play them.

• I tried placing a 4GB Flow Motion 2.02 test video on my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablet. The built-in Video Player did not recognize it. ASTRO File Manager didn't know what to do with MTS files. But VPlayer 1.4.2 plays the file fine -- looks like slow motion when hardware decode is disabled but looks great with it is enabled. VPlayer's UI leaves a bit to be desired but at least it can play the file.

• @rschofield Thanks! I'll try it out this evening.

• Thanks Vitaliy

@peternap From what I've read MXPlayer and BSPlayer may also be worth trying.

• @sam_stickland I tried MXPlayer and, while it played the file, it looked as if it was using software decode as it looked like slow motion. BSPlayer worked fine the first time I played the file but somehow reverted back to software decode and I can't get it back to hardware decode no matter what setting I try. I think I'll reinstall it from scratch. In any case, BSPlayer's UI is MUCH better than VPlayer's!

• I have an Asus Transformer Prime TF201 with the Tegra3 chip and use it to play my hacked MTS files. Dice Player will play them smoothly, however the latest version has no sound. Previous versions worked with both audio/video so they keep breaking it for some reason.

• Thanks for the feedback guys. Turns out a work colleague of mine (on another site unfortunately) also has a Tegra 3 tablet so I should get a chance to try it out on that also.

S

• PS. I just tried BSPlayer and it works perfectly and with sound too!

• Btw, I made small post in Blog about tablets that can be suitable and do not cost fortune (I mean from Android ones, I still recomment AMD based Windows tablet)

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/3714/cheap-chinese-tablets-you-can-look-at#Item_1