Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
DVANZ cage for GH2 and GH1
  • Hello,

Here is some info about a new cage. Similar to Rewo and Gini cage.

I have just had built a GH2 cage with the help of the engineer from Panavision New Zealand. I have made 1 of version 1 (that had a hotshoe mount) and improved it to version 2 which I have made 4 of. Im keeping 2 but have 2 to sell. I have made a few products before, one of which was the PIX240 Video Assist Bracket by DVANZ. I have sold all 40 of them. See http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150928803712977&set=a.10150928803697977.522345.105987732976&type=1&theater

If people are interested in a DVANZ GH2 cage, Version 2, then you can purchase these from me. They are flatpack, include the top handle and the Hoga right angle audio adapter. If I get more interest I can make some more. I just got sick of waiting for the Rewo cage so I built my own. To recover costs, im asking for US$400 per cage plus $40 shipping, payable via Paypal. If someone wanted 2, then shipping would be $60.

I hope you like the cage. 2 rubber strips at the base and 4 rubber recessed points that hold the camera very stable. Annodised alloy with 1/4" threads everywhere and 2 x 3/8" on top too.

Cheers,

Nigel

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • Here is some pictures of the DVANZ GH2 camera cage

gh2 cage 6.jpg
    945 x 557 - 45K
    gh2 cage 5.jpg
    984 x 512 - 107K
    gh2 cage 4.jpg
    726 x 537 - 42K
    gh2 cage 3.jpg
    622 x 553 - 49K
    gh2 cage 2.jpg
    958 x 532 - 51K
    gh2 cage 1.jpg
    1088 x 585 - 46K
  • It's appealing, as is the Gini cage. Before I would consider it .. there needs to be a railblock that attached to a tripod or quick release and to the cage, and positions the optical center 85mm from the rails. The rewo cage when I looked had pictures of this.

I also suggest attach at the hotshoe to top of cage attachment as well.

• @DVANZ, Is this cage adaptable for a GH1? Will you provide a hotshoe adapter to secure the top of the GH to the Cage? I think that would be a fair addition to make the product more attractive.

• I do not have a GH1 to test but the version 1 that we made had the top hotshoe adapter and after revising it, we found the 2 rubber strips and 4 rubber feet, that are all inserts into the baseplate, work better. There is no twist at all with a follow focus. It is very stable with a total of 7 contact points at the base. Screw, 2 strips, 4 feet pads. Taking out the hotshoe mount we also made the cage 5mm shorter. I hope that settles your questions.

• kavadni , I understand re the riser, but there are a lot of ways to make this work and a lot of risers out there that will work im sure. I have one of my kits setup with a riser I bought from ebay and the lamparte follow focus. It works very well. The rewo cage does include a riser but it seems unavailable and more expensive. I made it as a project and am not looking to make a large quantity or redevelop it. It has many holes to make all sorts of attachments so Im very happy with it as im sure the 2 people who will end up with these cages will as well.

• How much does the cage weigh?

• Would Varavon GH2 loupe work with this cage ?