Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
New music video
  • Shot in march, finished today:

I shot, edited and graded the video. Would have wanted a bit more time for finishing the grading part but.. Now it's on the loose.

It's in swedish, so don't worry if you don't understand the lyrics. The chorus means, basically: "but If you stay I stay" Shot with lomo 28mm and flektogon 35 (macro).. Was it Orion v4b? I think so.

• 28 Replies sorted by
  • This video is great and awkward! What did you color correct with?

• Great Job man Love the coloring nice.. keep it up you should create a short movie around this video.

• Also why is the best looking girl in the whole room standing alone by the wall!?!?!

• Looks great.

• thanks! "Pass this on" was one of the references we had in the making.. great spot! colored in AE, in part with colorghear. I had the freedom to be consistent in the photography. (which was essential from my POV because we only had one day to do it). @deshondixon she's too cool to really take part. ;)

• @RRRR this is greatness you have no idea how many times ive watched this!

• cheers man! :)

I'm really happy you like it!

• @TrackZillas There are plans to make videos for every song in the album.. (the album is not yet finished). So I think there could be videos which extend this one in one way or another.

• LOL I loved this video. It was so strange yet held my attention right til the end. Nice song too.

• great job! well done! Like the music too.

@DeShonDixon

Also why is the best looking girl in the whole room standing alone by the wall!?!?!

that's the way it goes. They wait for the prince of their dreams but end up with a handsome flashy dumbass.

• @peaceonearth but she looked so shy and innocent :(

• @DeShonDixon @peaceonearth

It's simple, we're all insecure one way or the other, regardless of looks.

• oh thanks!

• Very cool film. Great song too.

• Thanks!

• Very nice RRRR, excellent music video. I bet the band were very pleased?

• Thanks Nick! Yes, although – the director also is half of the band so in part he's self critical about it, although I don't know the exact reasons (could be some kind of role ambiguity, I think, or the ever-present self critique of ones work) but yes, he's happy with it, nonetheless. :)

Personally I would have wanted to spend a bit more time on the coloring, as I rushed to get it finished.

One of the good things with this project was that each and every one involved brought stuff to the table and we did it pretty quickly, having some good fun in the process. Having a very clear idea and a very clear (not overly complicated) script helped a lot in this sense, especially so as it was done on an absolutely minimal budget.

• Great video, man! Excellent concept and execution. I got the song stuck in my head.

I find it hard not to beam with pride at what you guys are doing with ColorGHear.

• Great job RRRR - loved the lighting.

Reminds me of a Swedish Napoleon Dynamite joint!

• @shian: big thanks for your work and kind words! CG is looking to be tremendously useful even though I've still got a lot to learn in terms of AE workflow.

Hoping to build a seriously fast work station during the autumn to make heavy post-work more of a breeze. :)

@killagram thanks! Great reference.. :)

• Elements of this remind me of Wes Anderson's style. Which is one hell of a compliment coming from me, as he is without a doubt my favorite contemporary director.

• @rrrr What's the name of the band? Great video!

• @x_worpig_x

It's Jehovas

(no affiliation to the witness movement)

• @Sangye

Thanks! That's a compliment indeed. I'm a fan of Wes Andersons' (and Robert Yoemans') work myself, Life Aquatic is my favorite movie although not the best film I've ever seen if that makes any sense. :)

One of my personal most important references in the making of this was from an even more deadpan (humorous) director; Aki Kaurismäki

• @rrrr lol awesome thanks.