Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
The beach never looked so good
  • The beach never looked so good as it did when we finished the 200 mile Reach the Beach Relay race.

I used the Panasonic GH2 + 25mm F1.4, 45mm F1.8, and 14-140mm lenses. I also used the No adverse affects hack settings for stability with the slower Eye-Fi wireless card.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Beautiful images. It plays back very, very choppy in my 32" HDTV at fullscreen. However, it plays better a original size, which due to vimeo issues with their new site and the video player, it displays the video at the wrong size, 640 x 360. instead a 1280 x 720. vimeo says they are working on the issue.

• @willianaleman

Actually I opted to have this one encode to 1080p on Vimeo. Not that many people actually trigger this option because it is basically hidden. They alerted me that playback on some machines will not work with their 1080p high bit rate mode.

I chose to leave it as 1080p though. I compared it to the 1080p youtube encode(Before they took it down) and the 1080p of Vimeo is simply fantastic. It wasn't as good as the original. However, it made the 1080p youtube one look like low bit rate 360p.

It plays back smoothly on my 2 year old laptop on Vimeo so I am not sure what the problem is.

• Congrats from one runner to another!

• @ipcmlr

Thanks. I was actually sick for the entire race. I had to run 20 miles with a bad head cold. I loved the race. However, the racing part hurt since I was so sick. Hopefully, I won't be sick next year and I will be able to enjoy the running a little more.