Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
How fighters for your security are living
  • John McAfee is the man behind the anti-virus name. His home was raided by four different arms of armed Belize official organizations, including the GSU and the police. At least that is what is being reported by Channel 5 in Belize.

When I say "his home," this appears to consist of nine houses and is the site of the Belize Ecological Foundation. The Belize Gang Suppression Unit's press release declares that McAfee, 66, was there with his 17-year-old girlfriend (referred to as a minor) and five security guards.

The GSU reportedly says it discovered 10 firearms and 5 air rifles, all allegedly unlicensed. It also claims that it took samples of an alleged antibiotic that was being manufactured at this home. The GSU is sure that McAfee had no license for such a production, the report says.

Via:http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57428439-71/mcafee-founder-booked-on-drug-weapons-charges-report-says/

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • It's okay, he can pay his way out. No problema.

• And yet 16 years old is the age of consent in Belize. I would say having a number of unlicensed firearms would be quite common for a lot of people in the USA if not a lot of south america. And the production of an antibiotic, I'm guessing that is either colloidial silver or hydrogen peroxide. In other words a whole bunch of drummed up charges, I wonder whom he pissed off?

• @Dazza I have a lot of experience with 3rd world countries, and without knowing the specifics of this situation, I would expect your comments to be 100% accurate. Some local politician probably wanted a payoff, McAffee told them to F off, and then comes the raid. And yeah, most rich people in places like Belize and such are armed to the teeth. They'd be stupid not to be.

• I purchased 75 cheap laptop computers and, with trusted help, installed invisible keystroke logging software on all of them - the keind that calls home (to me) and disgorges the text files. It also, on command, turns on and off, the microphone and camera - and sends these files on command.

I had the computers re-packaged as if new. I began giving these away as presents to select people - government employees, police officers, Cabinet Minister's assistants, girlfriends of powerful men, boyfriends of powerful women.

I hired four trusted people full time to monitor the text files and provide myself with the subsequent passwords for everyone's email, Facebook, private message boards and other passworded accounts. The keystroke monitoring continued after the password collection, in order to document text input and would later be deleted. So nothing was missed...

Via http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2013/01/07/john-mcafee-infected-laptops/