Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Codecademy: Learning Basic Javascript Advice
  • Random Interface Pic from Google - Not me

Hi Everyone... if this should be somewhere else please move...

Considering the power of bespoke coding, I have embarked on learning a bit of Javascript. Thought that I would share this find: http://www.codecademy.com

Basically a free tuition website with a life Javascript console with progressive tests.

Considering that this is @VK's main area (expert coder) I thought that either he or anyone else could share their thoughts on this or any other web sites like it. It has been a long time coming for me to get off my lazy ass and learn even basic coding but I am finding it very rewarding and progressing very fast... (However I already have a grasp of programming fundamentals - not total beginner).

Any thoughts? Especially considering how popular Python Scripting and many other languages are becoming this is almost needed now, (at least a very good understanding of the Terminal - Windows, Mac, or Linux).

What I like about the idea is that it makes learning more like a competition and very social...

Cheers, A