Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Plot Device

• Illustration that can be done using new Magic Bullet Suite released today - see at http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/products/all/magic-bullet-suite/
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • Wow this film was amazing. I only liked one or two of the 'looks' filters though, the others I thought were too cheap looking. These guys really know what they are doing for filming something really well on a low budget though, they will probably go far in the future.
  • >I only liked one or two of the 'looks' filters though, the others I thought were too cheap looking

My understanding is that they overused grading due to the order requirements.
  • I like Magic Bullet but my learning curve has been to over-use it, then use it much more carefully, then to try to use other things instead (for example, curves or colour overlays etc). This is because even for a small project (using Vegas pro 10) MB is great but can really hog resources, and the rendering time then slows to a crawl. If you can do the same with curves or whatever, it's a lot quicker.

But I like some of the preset "looks" and they're a great way of trying out ideas. The vignette effect, for example, is nice but REALLY slows things down. I'm also a great fan of black / white bleed effects but they can end up making HD look like you haven't cleaned the lens.

I am not talking about this latest version though, so maybe they've changed things to make it run faster. I must give it a spin. I'd welcome any distraction at the moment, but I have an editing job to finish and really need to get it done!!