Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Design: Pure designers making steadicam

• Good primer of video that you must never make public (see topic about 10 commandments)
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • i dont get it. is this so bad? looks quite nice.
  • >is this so bad? looks quite nice.

:-)
  • some pretty horrible camerawork from guys trying to sell me camera gear. Those who can, do, those who can't sell.
  • Yeah, and it will take another year for them to understand that any steadicam needs very good camera platform with fast adjustments.
  • Unusual design but - why no shots showing how well it works? Actually, I think I know the reason....

Edit: Ouch! Just seen some test footage at

Still, they have kept it legal (the law that says all stabilizer video must include a staircase within the first 10 seconds of the first shot).
  • lol. that's what happens when a designer works by himself without any feedback.
  • Is the idea behind dual rods that you can also use it as a shoulder support? It's a cool looking thing, dunno how practical though.
  • Its pretty funny to me, even though I am not experienced with them that much it looks clear that he could not even balance the 'stabilizer' as it clearly looks unbalanced in a lot of the shots when you look at how it tilts around as he is moving it. Plus could they not afford a tripod to shoot an advertising video for their product, the shooting is way beyond unacceptably shaky. The design looks way too big and ugly to me as well. I think maybe they should start over and copy this following design instead.