Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
EU: Energy collapse is imminent, food issues to follow
  • Von der Leyen warned that in the event of aggression against Ukraine, the EU would impose sanctions against Russia that would affect the energy sector and high technology. This will have serious consequences for the country's economy, she stressed.

The security of the energy supply of the European Union this winter will remain even with a complete cessation of gas supplies from Russia, the European politician assured. She added that the EU should diversify and rely on renewable energy sources - the sun, wind, water. “A strong EU cannot rely on an energy supplier who threatens to start a war on the borders of our continent,” von der Leyen concluded.

EU never had so much idiots among elite.

EU already has huge shortage of fertilizers, and instead of fixing big issue bureaucrats started promoting organic foods. They don't even understand basic agriculture principles.

• 115 Replies sorted by
  • I read somewhere that they cancelled the gas pipeline with Israel for "reasons". The rumor is that is what this whole debacle was about. Russia won the gas pipeline war. They are all idiots.

• @hardimpact

Issue is that EU management quality is horrible.

They already have 30-40% of fertilizers factories in total stop mode.

But instead of fast and real restoration they started talking about organic products and similar shit.

• German Chancellor Olaf Scholz has issued an order to halt the process of certifying the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline. Well. Welcome to the brave new world where Europeans are very soon going to pay €2.000 for 1.000 cubic meters of natural gas!

D. Medvedev

sa19462.jpg
    658 x 528 - 40K
  • German Chancellor Olaf Scholz is bluffing. his economy would crumble. and besides, Russia already made their play with the two separatists "states". Once again, he's two steps behind.

• Germany will have to buy gas and coal in other countries, the decision to abandon Russian energy resources was announced by the head of the German Ministry of Economy, Robert Habek.

“We will have to buy gas, as well as coal in other countries in a larger volume, because we cannot depend so much on a country that no longer respects international law,” he said. Khabek also added that the launch of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline is not possible in the short and medium term.

Exchange gas prices in Europe soared by more than 40 percent during trading on February 24. Fuel has risen in price to a maximum since December 2021, for $ 1,400 per thousand cubic meters. This happened after the statement of Russian President Vladimir Putin about the start of a special military operation in the Donbass.

Earlier, Khabek said that the security of energy supply was ensured, despite the decision on Nord Stream 2, the certification of which was suspended.

“We need about 90 billion cubic meters of gas per year. The capacity of German gas storage facilities is 23 billion cubic meters of gas in case of full filling. There is a potential for LNG to guarantee supplies in winter,” the minister summed up.

I already told that EU elites are stupid as hell.

• In Munich, the Stadtwerke München municipal utility has announced it is going to raise the price of electricity by 81%, the blog reported, citing multiple German news outlets.

• Exchange prices for gas in Europe during trading on Thursday, February 24, soared above $1,500 per 1,000 cubic meters. The price of March futures at the TTF hub in the Netherlands increased by 46% to €129.69 per MWh, or $1,520 per 1,000 cubic meters. m (based on the current exchange rate of the euro against the dollar), according to the trading data of the ICE exchange. Gas was last traded at these levels in December 2021.

• According to Małgorzata Starczewska-Krzysztofoszek, lecturer at the Faculty of Economic Sciences at the University of Warsaw, energy raw materials are particularly at risk, not only because of rising prices, but also because of the possibility of supply restrictions. 75% of all Polish coal imports come from Russia, as does 55% of gas imports, not to mention the gas imported from Germany, which is also entirely Russian. Also, 65% of oil imports come from Russia.

And still they want to hang themselfs.

Moist fun thing is that this chart is total lie, as lot of countries silently resell Mordor gas and declare it as of other origin :-)

sa19476.jpg
    486 x 691 - 60K
  • Germany is preparing a bill providing for a ban on the purchase of Russian energy resources. This was confirmed by Vice-Chancellor, German Economy Minister Haback. And we are talking not only about Russian gas, but also about coal.

This war will be used as pretext of destroying real Germany economy, as it won't survive living on renewable unstable shit.

• Of course it will take a big hit.

We are willing to take the hit to fight Putin and support the Ukraine, our neighbours.

(Of course it suits the renewable industry's interests as well)

I expect Germany will restart their Nuclear plants and buy more gas from Norway.

But the prices will increase enormously for certain.

• @AndrewReid_EOSHD

We are willing to take the hit to fight Putin and support the Ukraine, our neighbours.

Actually you are told by propaganda that you are willing, but in your life you never had any "great hit" that people who lived in exUSSR had.

I expect Germany will restart their Nuclear plants and buy more gas from Norway.

I want to note that first battle already happened over Kazahstan, that is major supplier for nuclear power plants fuel. So, no, this plan is gone.

Norway can't supply more gas, read heir statements. Germany since September already pushed all they could hurting Norway economy even.

But the prices will increase enormously for certain.

You life will be miserable, without cheap food, without 80% of your fertilizers and without heating.

• As I said, a big hit.

It's all very well for the US to tell Germany to cancel Nord Stream 2. It doesn't have any consequences for Biden's country.

Germany took the decision anyway, because regardless of Scholz yes or no, Putin is going to switch off the taps regardless.

We will source fertilisers and gas from other countries. Any suggestions which?

And like I always said - there are no winners in war.

• @AndrewReid_EOSHD

We will source fertilisers and gas from other countries. Any suggestions which?

No, main fertilizers are made from gas. And EU won't have option to make them until they want to totally destroy all other stuff.

• I, for one, welcome this act of solidarity. I'd rather see gas rationing in Germany than have Putin go unopposed. And yes indeed i live in Germany and i use gas for heating myself.

• @Videoist

One suggestion - we need to return to your opinion as you live one winter without any heating and without most of the food. For now it is easy to talk, this is why during start of wars people so much support radical moves.

• It all comes down to whether the EU decides to destroy its economy by doing what we Americans call ‘suicide by cop.’ That’s where someone wants to die and picks a fight with a policeman in order to get the cop to shoot him.

Europe is staring at a complete collapse of its economy if they sanction Russia’s energy sector and shut down her ability to do business with their banks. The question no one is asking is, “Did they provoke this fight on purpose to do exactly this?” From where I’m sitting, it looks to me like their insistence on zero diplomatic concessions to Russia led directly to this outcome. So, the answer to my question is ‘Yes, it was deliberate.’

But, even if I’m wrong and there are other unstated reasons why Russia blitzed Ukraine’s military installations off the map last night, the fallout from this will be far higher energy prices than the weak coalition governments will be able to sustain. I expect the map of Europe will look very different by the end of 2024 than it does today, reaching far beyond Ukraine.

• And it is new big win:

sa19482.jpg
    780 x 595 - 96K
  • Residents of the countries of the European Union will experience some difficulties due to the desire of the EU authorities to be in solidarity with Ukraine, said the head of the European Commission (EC), Ursula von der Leyen, in an interview with Euronews.

“Yes, we know that every war has a price, but our solidarity with Ukraine is huge. If you look at the refugees who are accepted in the European Union, at the financial support, at the supply of military equipment, all this points to deep solidarity with Ukraine,” the head of the EC said.

"Some difficulties" will translate in largest ever life level drop in the history of Europe countries.

• The spot price of gas in Europe with the opening of trading on Monday rose by a quarter compared to Friday's closing levels.

• Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmitry Kuleba said that Kyiv is demanding a complete embargo on trade in Russian oil and gas.

"We demand a complete embargo on the trade in bloody Russian oil and gas. The first decisions in this direction have already been made by Canada and this wave will continue to grow," Kuleba said during an online briefing.

• The Polish side proposes to Europe to impose an embargo on Russian coal, and in the future - on gas. This was stated by Prime Minister of Poland Mateusz Morawiecki,

Nothing personal, just business.

• Coal prices

sa19495.jpg
    697 x 388 - 35K
  • The price of gas in Europe exceeded $1,700 per 1,000 cubic meters. for the first time since December 23, 2021.

The price of Brent oil exceeded $113 per barrel for the first time since June 2014.