Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Good quote: Barack Obama as Nazist supremacist
  • America is not just advocating for stability and the absence of conflict at any cost. We stand for a stronger world that can only be achieved by giving peace and freedom to people around the world ... I believe in American exceptionalism ... What makes us exceptional is not only our ability to circumvent international norms and laws, but our desire to assert it through action.

(c) Barak Obama, 2014

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • That is not what he said. The perversion you've posted is no doubt a creation of the Russian oligarchy. I'm guessin'. He said, "I believe in American exceptionalism with every fiber of my being. But what makes us exceptional is not our ability to flout international norms and the rule of law; it is our willingness to affirm them through our actions. (Applause.) And that’s why I will continue to push to close Gitmo -- because American values and legal traditions do not permit the indefinite detention of people beyond our borders" Remarks by the President at the United States Military Academy Commencement Ceremony https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2014/05/28/remarks-president-united-states-military-academy-commencement-ceremony

• @LOM

Only difference is this

What makes us exceptional is not only our ability to circumvent international norms and laws, but our desire to assert it through action.

instead of

But what makes us exceptional is not our ability to flout international norms and the rule of law; it is our willingness to affirm them through our actions.

This is change made by smart people as they did not think that Obama is such a fool that anyone can believe that he said. Hence the part in quote is thing that fully match reality.

I don't believe that Obama could say that he said, as it goes opposite everyday news even, for at least 50 last years.

• The change in the quote totally reverses the meaning. What he said affirms rule of law. The manipulation says the opposite. What's important is to reveal that such manipulations are manifested everywhere. However, I will be the first to say that it doesn't seem to help. There's still people who think Obama isn't a legit citizen of the USA. Trump either believes that or he lies!

• @LOM

Wow, wow, wow... You are too fast. Read my reply to you one more time.

It is Obama who lied and tried to manipulate people.

Unrelated to quote or any of my replies thing like "legit citizen" stuff does not make it better.

I'll be adding here with time various citations on how US officials state that international law does not apply to US.

• I am not a fan of Obama at all, but I don't find correct to quote his words in the exact opposite meaning of what he really said. A quote, any quote, with name and date underneath it, is supposed to report exactly the words the persons said. That's what the reader believes if he trusts the person who made the quote and does not check. I believed Obama told those words and I was very surprised. thanks to @LOM for having clarified.

• @Nino_Ilacqua

I agree with you on that quotes must be accurate. It is accurate translation of obviously not so good source.

But reason why I tend to keep it after LOM posts is that ONLY difference here is that obvious blatant lie had been replaced by simple statement of reality.

Or you really think that Obama administration "flouted international norms and the rule of law;", really? As it means that we exist in parallel realities.

• I don’t think at all that he flouted the international norms at the route of laws, quite the opposite. Even worse, at the beginning he had a lot of power and respect in the world and he could have done something good for humanity. But what he did was a big disappointment for me.

• @Nino_Ilacqua

I'll tell you big secret, but try to keep it between us, ok?

Try to look at the ruling class, not on the professional lead castrate singer they hired for this exact moment.

And all his actions will fit into place.

• The ruling class decides, the managers exexute, the politicians go to the TV