Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Rumor: Intel will leave high performance consumer desktop market
  • Look at Alder Lake-S - http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/23435/alder-lake-s-may-be-first-desktop-10nm-chip-by-intel#Item_7

Intel push energy efficiency and not core count or top performance for 10nm and 7nm chips.

My Apple source told that Intel actually informed Apple 2 years ago that they are leaving not only high performance desktop market, but also top notebooks market and top gaming notebooks.

Intel will focus on energy efficiency, similar to Apple. And will require top notebook brands companies to sign long time (4 years and more - since early design stages) contracts to get best CPU prices.

In two years Ryzen and Threadripper CPUs will account for >90% of top desktop market niche. And 80% of top gaming and large high performance notebooks.

This is info I got. May be it is not fully true.

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • I think it fully truth.

Several reasons have made this info almost a proven fact. They are all over this SoC manía of the future and really think they have found holly grail of RISC and CISC recipe Mix, well that’s what I see. And for the future is almost better this route since cloud and all that raw power is good Market, but the internet of things and the way transmedia Juxtaposed information is beginning to Interestingly speak to each other, well some one has to take that new market and ARM was eating all the cake all alone! And intel has some cool techs on them for future of integration.

Intel will become like apple. It will separate itself from the market like Apple, they have the potential to stand out really good if the follow that route.

X86 is very old architecture, it’s a good one but it’s really not power efficient, not for today standards.

Good move For intel, only thing is please slap on face and wake up your lithographic process.