Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Problem follow focus and Optical Panasonic/GH2
  • Hi all, I did my first work with the GH2 Panasonic Leica 25mm Summilux + but using the follow focus that I had just arrived, and then tested for the first time on the field, I encountered the following problem: focus can not be done with the classic signs of the white disc follow focus because the lens gear, remember that it is mechanical, no correspondence between the movement and the fact the actual increase in focus so I've often found with the adapter ring on the lens all the way up. After checking that follow focus has no mechanical problems I've found that moving quickly or slowly the wheel focusing optics is obtained more or less increase in focus depending on the speed of action and thus rendering useless the same ff if not for an operating comfort. Does anyone have suggestions? thanks

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Nothing new.
    You can't use FF with lenses with electronic focus ring. Period.

• Suggestions? Sure: get a manual lens!

And don't start the discussion which one here, there are lots of such threads…

• nomad, only one who does, is wrong ...I'm sorry that my problem has brought you our way! Thanks Vitaly ...

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions