Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Anyone like Table Tennis?
  • Anyone like Table Tennis? This was unhacked footage because I needed the improved Auto Focus of version 1.1. Hacked bit rates would have helped the ETC shots. Notice the CA with the 25mm F1.4 lens in ETC mode. I guess the 25mm is not the superman of lenses I thought it was. Most of the shots are with the 45mm F1.8. That lens is worth its weight in gold.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • You meant Leica DG 25mm 1.4? That one has CA and soft at 1.4. You'd need 43 Leica version to get better result, but it lacks AFC. I think m43 25mm 1.4 is a good lens for portrait.

Yes 45mm 1.8 is a jewel. Freaking sharp.

• I used to play table-tennis for many years when I was a child (am 20 now), and I was quite good, won a few medals and stuff. Got to be in the top 10 in Athens in my age group. But then I chose basketball over table tennis, so haven't touched a racket in many years. The memories this brings... haha. cheers.

• @stonebat

Yes m4/3s DG 25mm. I was a little disappointed in the CA with this lens in ETC mode. However, it does so many other things right I can forgive it. Its AFC is spectacular. On par with the 14-140mm. That is great for such a wide aperture lens.

The 45mm is not quite perfect for AFC. However, it is perfect for everything else.

I really need IS for videos though. My dream lens is a 12-25mm F2.0 Zoom lens with IS. I don't care how big it is, how much it weighs, or how much it costs. I want that lens for video. I want the 35-100mm lens for stills.

• @stefanos

Sounds like you are pretty good at both. Got any videos?

My son will compete at his first Nationals Climbing competition in two weeks. I should get some very interesting footage at that competition. I should be able to use the 14-140mm there. They light up the wall really well there.

• If I were to start playing again, I would want some lessons from Ma Long. I think he is the best I have ever seen.

• @mpgxsvcd

Are you sure DG 25mm is on par with 14-140 on AFC? You meant when you stop it down to 4.0 or slower?

• @stonebat

Yea I am sure. I have shot everything in AFC wide open with the m4/3s 25mm F1.4 since the v1.1 firmware came out. AFC is fairly good now. Here are some examples.