Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Stunning Video of Live Event - Lpowell Settings
  • This was shot handheld with GH1 hacked with Lpowells 75Mb Peak reliable Settings. 720p 50fps, shutter 1/50, Panasonic 14 -140mm with ND8. The color and clarity blew me away, the broadcaster doing the "live to air show" could not believe the quality from this little camera.

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • @Rambo Great quality, nice work.

did you use any soft filter ? color correction ?

• Only adjusted levels to match exposure between clips and then applied a MB color reversal to pop it and diffuse, but colors were very good in the raw clips. Otherwise no other corrections or denoise. I think Auto ISO helped a bit on the day and idynamic was on. The ND8 caused the ISO to climb a bit in the long Tele shots and got a bit of noise in the sky. 14 - 140 is my fav lens outdoor.

• Took a bit to realise it was aussie footage, congratulations :)

It felt a bit soft in parts, but the interview came out well.

• Vimeo up load was only 10Mbps and the export has a diffusion that applies a softening effect. The raw images are tack sharp as you would expect from the 14-140. Yep, shot in OZ, Qld.

• Do you shoot all your stuff at 720 just so you can convert what you want to slomo? What about the interviews? What's a MB colour reversal? Popping it as in saturation?

• Wow, that is really impressive motion picture quality under extremely demanding, high-contrast conditions. In my experience with the GH1, its 720p50 mode is one of its strongest suits, delivering a level of performance and reliability that I have not quite matched with the GH2. Good job, Rambo!

• Great Work. Can you share the settings here (the set-file) ?

• @davhar, yes i find 720p50 perfect for my requirements, plus broadcast have no issue with the GH1 footage, it's so sharp to start with. MB color reversal is a stock magic bullets preset that i like that gives the footage a lift. @derliebeloni These are the awesome Lpowell GH1 settings i use, nothings changed. http://www.personal-view.com./talks/discussion/334/gh1-75mbps-peak-reliability-patch-v2-update#Item_16

Thanks Lee, still loving the 75mbps LPowell creation.

R