Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Good quote: On life
  • Man's dearest possession is life, and it is given to him to live but once. He must live so as to feel no torturing regrets for years without purpose, never know the burning shame of a mean and petty past; so live that, dying, he can say: all my life, all my strength were given to the finest cause in all the world – the fight for the Liberation of Mankind. And one must make use of every moment of life, lest some sudden illness or tragic accident cut it short.

Nikolai Ostrovsky. How the Steel Was Tempered.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Or here's one from the once-famous "romantic" Communist, Nazim Hikmet:

Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel, for example— I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation. Living is no laughing matter: you must take it seriously, so much so and to such a degree that, for example, your hands tied behind your back, your back to the wall, or else in a laboratory in your white coat and safety glasses, you can die for people— even for people whose faces you've never seen, even though you know living is the most real, the most beautiful thing. I mean, you must take living so seriously that even at seventy, for example, you'll plant olive trees— and not for your children, either, but because although you fear death you don't believe it, because living, I mean, weighs heavier.

https://poets.org/poem/living

• Living is no laughing matter.

Yes indeed. In the course of time i learned many things and quotes about life which is the subject that im most interested in. ( most of them just don't fit this forum). But i think that most on this forum are very interested in film making and film can say a lot about life.

So I'll say just my own...

Life is just beautiful my friend...

no matter where you are or what you belive in...

• Living is no laughing matter.

I mean realy.

I provoke every one on this forum ... what do you think life is coming from and where does it goes?

The video above if anyone has the patience to watch it Koyaanisqatsi thinked in the 70's release. In the 80's. It's really astonishing.